Looking for an affordable and BMX bike to ride?
If yes, then you have come to right place.
These reviews will help you find the best BMX bike to buy in 2017/2018.
BMX bikes were introduced in the late 60’s and were truly a big craze among the enthusiasts who wanted something that is lightweight and can work for various jumps and tricks. This type of bike is an off-road sports bicycle that is meant not just for kids, but even for men and women. It is an ideal choice for those looking for a perfect bike solution for park ramp or jump tricks. Anyone can ride a BMX bike and so here is the list of ten best BMX bikes, all varying in style, but rich in features, functionalities, and performance.
Top 10 Best BMX Bikes Reviews 2017/2018
Surely, these BMX bikes are not for everyone as some of them carry a hefty price-tag.
With that said, one thing can be said for sure, and these BMX bikes are good enough to make it to our list of the top 10 Best BMX Bikes Reviews in 2017
|Bike Name||Type||Company||Ratings||Check Price|
|X-Games FS20 |
|Mongoose Legion L80|
|Framed Attack LTD||Intermediate||Framed|
|SE Bikes Wildman||Expert||SE|
1. X-Games FS20 Freestyle Bicycle – Best BMX Bike for Freestyle to Buy in 2017/2018
The X-Games FS20 Freestyle Bike is highly comfortable and well-structured bike that is an ideal choice for young riders. This bike includes all features of a common bicycle, but all of these are much robust and reliable. This is an efficient bike equipped with both rear and front brakes that enhance handling and offer more confidence while riding.
Specs and Features
- This bike comes with gyro brake system implying that it is easy to handle the brake cables around the kid’s ankles and legs.
- It is integrated with 4 pegs that offer your kid a chance to do numerous impressive and mind-blowing tricks.
- It is made with a 20inch Hi-Ten steel frame that offers lasting durability. The 20inch wheels and tires offer excellent comfort and performance even when you are riding on rough passages.
- The bike comes with 4 bolt alloy stem and X-games handle bar for convenient handle grip.
- While the rear wheel comes with gyro V-brake system, the front wheel comes with caliper brake system.
- The alloy platform for pedals makes this bike long lasting and sturdy.
The bicycle is available in two distinct styles, each for girls and boys separately, which make this BMX bike one of the most efficient models.
2. Mongoose legion L80 20” Wheel Freestyle Bike – Best BMX Bike for Intermediate in 2017/2018
If you are hunting for an exclusively styled bike that is unique in appearance and high in performance, then this is the one to go for. The Mongoose Legion L80 freestyle bike is one of the finest bikes in the world that assures quality and excellent performance. This bike is featured with all essentials of a BMX bike, and hence, you are going to enjoy a great ride if you select it.
Specs and Features
- It is a lightweight bike framed with aluminum that offers it durability and luster.
- The bike comes with a padded seat and handles grips that deliver comfortable riding even on uneven terrains.
- It is a durable bike perfect for parks and one of the best choices for both girls and boys.
- The bike holds a 20.75 inch long top tube and comes with rear alloy 4-bolt and U-brakes and an alloy brake lever for a sudden stop.
- There is a 2-piece bar offered for high power, which is further complemented well with thread less stem.
It is a smooth functioning and long-lasting bikes that are ideal for those who travel on rough passages and wish to perform stunts and tricks with convenience.
This is an exclusively designed bike that comes with a lower inclined body frame crafted of heavy duty steel. It is integrated with a steel fork that makes sure the bike would give excellent performance and would not ditch you even you are riding midway. The bike is light in weight and an ideal choice for those looking for stylish appearance and extraordinary appearance.
Specs and Features
- The bike is made with a comfortable padded seat that has been designed to deliver maximum comfort to the juniors.
- It is designed with a lower level frame that ensures that the seat has a lower center thereby resulting in enhanced stability and high comfort.
- As for the brakes, they come in same high standards, and hence you would find coast brakes.
- The wheels are sturdy and need less maintenance. They also impart more strength and durability to the overall bike structure.
It is a spectacular bike with numerous workable features. The bike is available at affordable pricing and lasts longer than others in the range. It is a durable bike that comes with high standards and numerous elite features.
This is another amazing BMX bike for men that are modeled just for a man to allow them to runs faster and enable them to regulate the speed in a way that is just beyond your imagination. It runs at a much faster pace and comes with chrome frame and chrome fork bar for enhanced durability. If you are light weight and want a high speed model, then this is the best model for you.
Specs and Features
- The bike comes with framed attack lightweight chrome frame that comes with a comfortably padded saddle.
- This bike comprises mushroom handle grips that deliver outstanding and versatile performance that make it fit for any enthusiast.
- It is suitable for both off-roading and streets, which is why it is an ideal choice for men with masculine individuals.
It is a spectacular bike for men that come with stylish design and comfortable padded seat. The bike is ideal for long distances and to ride on uneven passages.
5. SE Bikes Wildman BMX Bike – Best BMX Bike for Racing
The SE Wildman Bike is an incredible bike that delivers excellent quality for the money. It is an ideal choice for dirt jumps and ramps and even offers extraordinary performance on the street. If you are new to the bike riding experience, then this can be the best choice as it comes with a 19.5inch top tube and almost 25 – 9 gearing facilities. In addition to this, the bike is lightweight and possesses an exceptional control mechanism.
Specs and Features
- The bike houses an excellently structured frame and is integrated with mid bottom racket.
- With removable brake mounts and high-end look, it delivers excellent performance.
- The pedal of the bike is made with nylon fiber while the seat post is crafted with high-quality alloy.
- It is equipped with 3 piece cranks and a middle BB that makes it an ideal choice for the biggest tricks and jumps, difficult ramps and trails.
This bike is ideal for street, small ramps, and dirt ramps. Since it is made with the extremely high-quality material, so it delivers long-lasting performance and extraordinary controlling even under rigid situations.
This bike is an ideal choice for those who are looking for an extraordinary style with remarkable features and each of them priced reasonably. The highly durable HiTen Frame with a sturdy high top of 22.7 inches gives this bike in an outstanding appearance.
Specs and Features
- The bike comes with a highly durable HiTen frame that is made with best quality material and is long lasting.
- It includes a shrapnel fragment headset that delivers a comfortable and enjoyable riding experience without encountering any trouble.
- The 22.7 inch high top tube makes it an excellent choice for all individuals.
- Besides having a comfy seat, it comes with a well regulated controlling mechanism. This gives smooth and clean performance even on rough terrains.
It is a highly durable bike that delivers excellent riding experience. The sturdy frame and efficient control mechanism make it an ideal choice to ride on all sorts of passages.
Factors to Consider when Buying BMX Bike
- Size – Just like individuals, the even bike comes in varying sizes and shapes. Some bikes would deliver more comfort to a user, while other users would prefer the other varieties available in the market. There are numerous options available from varying brands, and so, when you are selecting the best bike, you need to check for its size. If a bike is too big in size than the potential rider, then it would be difficult for the rider to ride it. You can, therefore, compare the seat height with that of the rider as it would help you find a bike that fits well according to the size of the rider.
- Tire Size – The size of tires would vary, and if you are buying a BMX bike especially for your kid, then you need to check for an accurate tire size. Most of the brands offer kids BMX bike in sizes of 12”, 16”, 20”, and 24”. If you are planning to buy a balancing bike, then you would get the option to buy a bike of 12” tire size or of 14” tire size. If your kid is ready for the transition from balancing bike to pedal bike then you can opt for a bigger tire size, otherwise, stick to a low tire size.
- Seat Height – The seat height is another important element to consider when you want to buy the perfect BMX bike. It is because this indicates how well a rider can fit into the bike and how well he would be able to ride it. Since there are variations in the frame designs, so bikes with same tire size would serve varying comfort because their seat height may vary. So, select for a seat height that adequately meets the rider’s requirement.
- Path – You must select an option on the basis of the route that you would ride the bicycle through. There are few BMX bikes that are ideal for park ramps, while some of them are best for tricks and jumps. Few options are also available that allows you to practice few kicks and stunts with these bikes. Also, whether you want to ride a bike on rough terrain or on a smooth passage is going to make a huge difference in your selection. So, select a design that best meets your requirements.
- The width of Bicycle Chain – It is another important factor to consider that corresponds to the maximum thickness level with which the sprocket can work efficiently with the chain. This implies that your bike chain must have a bigger width as compared to its chain rings and sprockets. Most of the BMX bikes available in the market are accompanied by a chain size of 1/8inch, while there are derailleur chain bikes that measure the width of around 3/32inches.
- Weight – If you don’t want to experience any trouble while riding your bike then you must check for the weight of your bike. It is an important factor to consider. Conventionally, standard BMX bikes used to come with a weight of 350 grams, but with timely refinements, you can find varieties of BMX bikes in different weight. For convenience and comfort, it is always better to opt for bikes that are lightweight, and that can help you combat all challenges, which you might experience during your riding trail.
- Speed – These bikes are available in varying speeds, and it is essential to select the bike with accurate speed level. The accuracy depended on your usage and based on that you can select for a bike that serves your need well. Also, if you go on a single speed BMX bike, then you would find a single-speed chain.
- Material – There are high-grade BMX bikes available that are crafted from various materials or alloys that have undergone through stringent processes and treatments for not just imparting strength to the outer plate but also to the inner plate. These days’ bikes come with a finished coating of materials that hold high resistance to corrosion, damage, and hence, offer long-lasting performance. Even use of these alloys has enhanced the smoothness and appearance of the bikes to a great extent.
- Brakes – Most of the BMX bikes are available with gyro brake system, while there are others that are integrated with coaster brakes. If you want a regular bike for everyday use, then a simple brake system would work for you, but if you want a bike for racing and practicing tricks and jumps then it is essential that you select a bike that is integrated with the advanced braking system. Make sure that any bike you purchase is inclusive of the linear-pull brake system that offers ultimate grip and is a must, especially when you are planning to buy a bike for your kid.
- Handlebars – A bike with smaller cockpit offers less space for the rider and can cause the rider’s knee to hit the bars while turning, or to ride. Even the shape of the handlebars can make a huge difference and affect the performance of the bike. Bikes with tall handlebars that sweep back provide less knee space to the riders. So, if you are a new rider, then you must avoid purchasing bikes with this feature. On the other hand, bikes with too low place handlebars usually do not offer a comfortable sitting position and can result in strain in neck and back. Check for bikes with a mid-rise handlebar that offers convenience and easy gripping.
Now, that you know the 6 best BMX Bikes, you can consider all important factors and buy a bike that meets your requirements and is available in your favorite color.